How to set up and import listings
If you installed and activated the Import extension and want to import listings to your website, you must have them in a CSV file (i.e., a document where the values are organized in rows and columns and separated with a punctuation mark). You can create a CSV file in Microsoft Excel, write Categories’ names in rows, and their records in columns.
Once you create a file, go to the My Account > Listings section and click Import Listings (please note, if you don't see the Import button, you need to navigate to HivePress > Settings > Listings > Submission section and enable the Allow importing listings feature). Then follow these steps:
- Upload a CSV file with your listings;
- Select a Column delimiter (i.e., a punctuation mark you’ve used in your CSV file);
- Choose between the following Import mode options:
- Create new only;
- Update existing or create new;
- Update existing only.
- Click on the Upload button.
Next, proceed to the Map Columns section:
- The listing fields from your file get automatically uploaded to the ones with the same name (e.g., Title, Description, and Category). Make sure that the imported listings have all the required fields completed.
- Click on the Import button and import listings along with their attachments.
As a result, you’ve imported the listings from the file to your website.